[CBQ] Re: Digest Number 5086 Scanners

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Digest Number 5086 Scanners
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:07:37 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1335078462; bh=qwRF0JQxhJSjCucsLCCzV+nscwpWk5ZaceClhvuiTGA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=gl+VDOqB47rHL2mXr8Xj1xgtMpnwPNl2NwI3bOgNDKCzEoGo4FZ8ayRW/rL8R7fBCmXP8QfG1OPkkbKN920TMOAlpRIEWVoZeJqlaEgvxWX00RmFTH+0D+yGp5CSG1xh
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hi Bill,

Since it is scanner night I would suggest you bump that resolution up to 350
dpi which yields a higher line screen for printing a better image. Also, pop
the image size up to full page plus bleed - 11.5" - would be better in the
width. Let the software do the calculations during the scan, not resizing
afterwards.

I'd forget saving in RAW since only Silverfast will be able to read it, same
with Vuescan or at least the earlier versions of both worked that way so no
Photoshop import and no sharing for print. RAW is primarily a digital photo
standard. You will be just fine scanning and archiving in Adobe RGB (1998) or
in LAB. Many 3rd party plug-ins are available for color correction, noise and
other retouching needs. Never touch the original and always re-purpose from a
copy of the original.

Vuescan squeezes a lot more out of your scanner and Silverfast will squeeze
more. Don't give up on it.

Randy

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com