Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5086

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 5086
From: Jan Kohl <j.kohl@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:44:22 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1335059071; bh=ng+Q2q8IGYbzmWyMCRAsApMvjkF+libkjLEAX9xm84U=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Google-DKIM-Signature:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Gm-Message-State:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=eJRMfe+9oOmEJXtXxdAtb1kcsyDmOVK4ZuznaC3porf9FJB/S+mLGmVOZIYfLOAD7FooYM6u4dfiwSwXoLtkAprYn33+V47wyCh4gpGe38a2ynYnREHgojy8fU3E+0YL
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yes, those are the scanners that I'm referring to. The scanner you are
referring
to uses software to determine the best focus for the image and doesn't need to
have the slide mount removed.  However, you still cannot conduct a good
cleaning
of the slide image with the mount in place, plus there may be a small sliver of
the image that is concealed behind the mount.  All-in-all, it is best to remove
the mount if you can/want to, using the slide scanner is the 2nd best option.
If you remove the slide mount, store the film image in a photographic negative
holder after cleaning and archival scanning, and you should never have to mess
with it again.

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
castlegraphics.com