[CBQ] swap meet find

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] swap meet find
From: reforst@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 03:16:36 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1332472597; bh=Sd6CbLV4HbEv94EfzvoVdRHLAqkH79HPOHMevauhiUU=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=fiMnFMNn6EboaBt7VW+pCbCmcaMDRjN4ovoSTQGHKhX5eG8SdZWk3759iCkqFYTOHKqYk70arJJfIarh2uZiHi0U1+jvEFutooL/W4w1k2GyzPpYo5QyrgRR91sQU0kL
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Did Bernard Corbin build a live steam version of a CB&Q Hudson?  I know that Corbin built four Hudson's, as pictured and referenced in Bulletin No. 36, but there is no reference if he built a live steam version.  I have seen the live steam version of the Hudson and why I suspect it might have been built by Corbin because it seems to be built slightly large (17/64th's?), as I understand but may be wrong, that he built some of his locomotives a  little larger than 1/4" size to more accurately fit the five-foot track gauge track.  This engine resides with a O gauge Collector in Oregon and he doesn't know who built it.  He bought it in am estate sale of some guy who collected Burlington steam engines.  Any ideas or clues?  Thanks, Richard Forst, Tualatin, OR.