[CBQ] Re: swap meet find

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: swap meet find
From: "Gerald Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:05:57 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1332515169; bh=RVU1FVHqn7VLccKRyCdHfzN1WTPy/0ujWrCu32BEXzY=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Hw56m3fhWmaRP6ii2CkypxLyWjcLZXFOpffspfy/CLVNBvKFr1eTQGX/2SzXDHarJ34gqXO3bCNKxyaX7ag3tzFaTZHIL48qw+uvGaupW1tLu+fTSOXhzG5zAQE/KZG9
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'll seoond Hol as when visiting Bernie's home a couple times and the amazingly
compact 'shop' in their bsmt, the subj came up.  I asked as he was such a great
scratch builder if he ever thought of doing live steam for a larger scale
around his yard as had just visited one in Kanawha,IA.  His reply was no as a)
safety concerns if he built one for someone else (he was very safety conscious
which I noted in his 'shop' as he of course knew I was a Safety Mgr with C&NW
RR at the time) & b) liked O as it was what he was set-up for and that small
makes live steam pretty tough to do I'd guess.
A bit off the subj - Bernie is best known for his steam locos but he also did
rolling stock.  Some from kits but his MoW train was scratch albeit with some
commercial parts.  Wish I had asked to buy one because at the time he was the
1st Q modeler I have seen do Q MoW in any scale.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com