[CBQ] Re: Q Fan Trips

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Q Fan Trips
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:49:24 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331308229; bh=xRGD954dLEmCe+EV2+EO6m3/X25fXtovdNSVAWKpnUI=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=h5ahLzD61dvA2/An5fgFi95QJqsvCUpSc4LxPOZGDDz5CTBS87ubS7Ct+OOy61s6Qd5EIFwLC4Lt8Fz3+AIdcAy9rM8g2Hu/OcfxpmyX4N3edynyj6KhOkFWDvZdWp2s
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Pete and Mike,

Duncan also suggested adding recording bites to the information. I will see what I can do. I once had a copy of "All Steamed UP', but sold it intending to replace it with the stereo version, but unfortunately, life got in the way and it never happened. I wish someone could find some or all of those old railroad recordings and re release them on modern CDs. More than a decade ago, Brad Miller of Mobile Fidelity started to do that with "Sunday Only" and a couple of others plus some material that had never been released, but he passed away unexpectedly before he finished the project. Brad and the original owner of MF had a number of recordings of regular service trains including Q that were released early in the series. MF still exists, but has gone in a completely different direction which has nothing to do with commercial CD recordings. I don't know who might have the railroad material.

Winston Link's, N&W recording hava all been converted to CD and are available through the Roanoke museum which, I believe, now bares his name.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO