RE: [CBQ] Re: Orange waycar - origins

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Orange waycar - origins
From: HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 09:52:23 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1325955144; bh=7OYyAOYGVFP6y+jqNMcyovB7ykWBVAhiNN78mBh+gp4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=IEYPlaS/mOue+7yTBOQU/Vv3Dd+Sv1EmYKMMTh9a5qKfUcNby0NrnEXzIOHxQ+i2+3hqf5GKExXmc32ws2sGxz4o2Ep1dAYIIFbvXigr4rXmaZAn59xy25aTQiEbeS8H
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

In fact, when the Q began using the orange color in the late 1940s for cars of various types (waycars, company service cars and experimental roller bearing-equipped triple hoppers) the color was not "Safety Orange," a term not widely used until after the Q no longer existed, but rather "Omaha Orange," the same color adopted around that time by the Great Northern for its locomotives and passenger cars.  Q documents of the period refer to the color exclusively as Omaha Orange.

Hol