[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Steam Loco Tenders

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Steam Loco Tenders
From: "brucec34rr" <brucec12@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:02:04 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1318561328; bh=7kSBfeyhZOkKly/NMhTsKdaDKkJL7DvdoS2R8PVa+XI=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fDhHgnbdyeMgCnWKJh5T9gHd/0mfTomsI5aaPVTeLTAUYUp8Ct1wmsFSRYaQRpc/7Khvv4PbYSiOui+fZX1x7keZrdKqP6nvc0ok8O48KCIhRu2J2ucelAaMSVDoQu6E
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks Hol!

I thought it looked flush but wanted to make sure. Your guess was right on - I
am modeling #1553 as it was in the 1930's in the Black Hills. I am modeling the
CB&Q branchline from Edgemont to Deadwood.
I found a photo of #1553 in Deadwood in 1935 which shows the Engineers side. It
was by Otto Perry in the online Denver Library (which is a great resource!). Of
course the only photos of the Firemans side I have found are from the 1950's
(Corbin's Steam locos of the Burlington Route) and it looks like some things
were changed by then like a different headlight, and I suspect two stage
airpump instead of the original single airpump.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com