RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Steam Loco Tenders

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Steam Loco Tenders
From: HOL WAGNER <holpennywagner@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:53:40 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1318341222; bh=TMtbWDEzbuKfpELJ+7MPlqoK4xgy4Kk7K+1hK4lTFas=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=a3sYH+MNC51aUWq2RLAh53wcUD5dymlPB5X/3XAX9vhZOnqEZkW69wuTXEQli3QdSj858/9nDRnXJOAzhsHeGvk+tcAjtuQyyb3FZNEfardAMb/A7zxo948AsTFWLFSU
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bruce:

Obviously, you're talking about the later G-3s with low rectangular tenders,
not the early ones with slopeback tenders, and since you're modeling an
oil-burner, it must be the 1510 or more likely the 1553, the last G-3 on the
railroad.  The 1553 was converted to oil for use on the Casper Division, the
moved to the Alliance Division and spent a good deal of time up in the Black
Hills.  Next it went to the Sterling Division and worked at Sterling, Colo., in
the early 1950s before finally being transferred to the Lincoln Division for a
final year or two.  So it worked four of the railroad's six divisions employing
oil-burners (missing only McCook and Sheridan).

But that's not what you asked about.  There is no lip around the edge of the
rear tender deck where it meets the sides and rear end; the joint is flush and
with a tight rivet line on both surfaces.  If you're in HO, you could save
yourself some time and effort, but probably spend a good bit, if you can find
one of the low tenders from the Oriental G-8 model (not the converted R-2
tender) imported years ago, as it is the same tender.

Hope this helps.

Hol Wagner