Re: [CBQ] Re: Speeder Shed.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Speeder Shed.
From: Sam Cook <trains@sjcook.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:42:59 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1311122590; bh=dYgOUNBG1Q/V2Mhmcc5mLg5Bpm89/HOS7121akfqfqg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-WS-COS:X-Cloudmark-Category:X-Cloudmark-Analysis:X-Cloudmark-Score:Authentication-Results:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AzXKmI1HhHlsy+J7nMOaese0u9CBpxOY5tyHD+ORWTfRaAw/A8zOGIW+H9F2oAz7H+F9ano05HsT6TmQr03dFVwXB57ALyfgWOikzsNl6gd60l4mlyCO65II5MjvonRS
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have been trying to find the distance to the tracks for some time.
Our shed sits 90degrees from where it should be.
Unfortunately, it is too fragile to move right now.
I started measuring it some time ago, but never finished.
When the weather cools off (99+ here today), I will set aside a day to go do
that.
I have done scale drawings of both the depot and the main museum (Originally
QO&KC office building)
---
Additional pictures showing the shed....
http://sullivanhistory.org/depot/platform/swstands/mvc3115f.jpg
http://sullivanhistory.org/depot/platform/swstands/mvc3118f.jpg
There is one small window in the back.
---
Laserkit: reasonable, but should have common wood shakes on the roof.
And "drop siding" rather than clapboard.
http://www.onlinetips.org/images/drop-siding.jpg

http://www.laserkit.com/images/163.jpg
"Kit No. 163 CB&Q Standard Tool Houses  (HO)
Perhaps the most common structure found throughout the CB&Q system, this
Sectional Tool House design dates back to 1929. Almost every section gang had
at least one of these
to house their tools, handcars or their speeders. Quite similar in appearance
to Tool Houses found on other roads, examples of the original CB&Q Tool House
still exist to
day on the Burlington Northern - Santa Fe. Features all laser-cut parts, Peel &
Stick windows, doors, and trim, and parts for building a traditional set-off.
Two complete
kits per box. Each measures 2" L x 1 3/4" W x 1 1/2" H. (Includes 2 Tool
Houses). - MSRP...$19.95" (2005 price?)
---
Russell Strodtz: are you reading this? Do you by any chance have a drawing of
this shed?
(He supplied the switchstand drawings on our website.)
Thanks.

Sam Cook, Milan, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com