RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q mixed trains up to BN

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q mixed trains up to BN
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:04:15 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1303740257; bh=xBc3Q5nhGx0LsKUqS6ZFvUKQX6y8CfY6gInrRocuhZY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=D0kblbWGfSclXJMjPfA+r+fvSK9rI8JUBhlJTEWvHk399vXEbE2VQdknpQt1+/iQmb1IQLq81/nvTaWRT6/khL5PJvEGN7p/+l2eTvAJuREwmNSrhGJU40VlksFkqbxH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
and ditto for Edgemont-Lead/Deadwood and the Burlington-Winfield/Washington
branches to name a couple more.  A great Zephyr or even BB article on Q mixed
service could be a reality if enough mbrs respond with photos, old tickets,
ancedotes, etc.  'Mixed' service goes back into late 1800's as even then some
lines no longer had enough traffic to justify a dedicated passenger train inc.
the original Aurora branch to West Chicago.

Gerald