RE: [CBQ] C & S SD40 Stamping Grounds

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] C & S SD40 Stamping Grounds
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:46:28 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1297259489; bh=bLopt5+NwVMNMJW84uK77lC1BQtHO8Qaz/3FBvzlq2k=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=cr3KXH5pdcZBcXHYnAA4t9JYEnEB8BmLe+EIWfLhYuu+v6KV+TjphRdd4deDijjSJM6exmxQXWdOVjZFbPPXHJosGPOLxynYR5gyhnOrraAIr1KWD6nRuJEyKXwYpet3
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Welcome Pete to CB&Q Yahoo and to C&S railroading.  I don't have an answer for
you but NO Burlington Route question is ever too basic or too complicated not
to post!  Just as in modeling - some fellows are happy with a Lionel around the
Christmas tree one week a yr & others have award winning super detailed scale
models.  I am always amazed however by our foreign mbrs and proud that fellows
from Sweden, New Zealand, Canada AND Scotland (I'm Scottish too, Edgar sept of
the Bruce clan) choose the Burlington as a railroad they want to research,
model and/or collect.  As you will hear sometimes, the Burlington was a frugal
road but not cheap, there is a difference.  They could & did spend a lot of
money on projects ranging from Zephyrs to line relocations but also wrre
careful with every penny - just like any good Scotsman!

The questions as to which locos or classes of locos traveled "where" is a
common one because if even a particular loco was 'assigned' to a specific
division, there could be special circumstances when motive power needs (or a
mistake at the departure yard) causing it to travel to places it normally would
not.

Again welcome aboard!  (no pun intended)

Gerald