[CBQ] Re: $1999 CB&Q whistlepost

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: $1999 CB&Q whistlepost
From: "dr strangelove" <kaiserwillieii0815@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:15:20 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1295093761; bh=VKCCEyilUro6uMSXttAhIGW1oPnMf/Ohx2d/WvOeNAQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=L7575QNRIf0RM0LUsE+RbpK4bKtyYt7a3+PiXYSpeEhuo9iJSPW6T6ITXBFZF3crJQU+42a5B6Y9ROpAVvNvmyX+EBmqd3tqaf9JYL4CEQ/H6EosJm/lN1c7fQwt6zD/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Did anyone contact the buyer or seller? Once I found somone selling a "genuine"
autographed postcard with the Kaiser's autogragh. It was from a reputable
dealer who was around for years. Funny thing was I had the exact same thing in
my hand. I am far from being an "expert" as the seller was, but I ran accross
that card on line before and knew the signature was done by a machine and the
card was far from rare.
I wrote the seller and he did indeed agree to take it off line. It could have
been an honest mistake or it could have been fraud, I do not know, but I knew
100 percent it was wrong.
In the model railroading world, I have seen people bid hundreds of dollars for
empty boxes, for plastic toy engines that would not even make good static
models, and are worth about 2 dollars, and some other really flaky things. In
another  forum room I am in, these things are discussed with the other members,
and one can see and compare notes, on dishonest or misinformed sellers.
Sellers should be contacted if somthing is not right, and if they are cheating
sombody outright, they should be reported to Ebay.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com