Re: [CBQ] Arrival/Departure Times-Mileage offsets,etc

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Arrival/Departure Times-Mileage offsets,etc
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:07:15 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292785645; bh=hJlnWYDsIyCfcnF50PK6YZ+R4qEwmblw79epgbtqaFA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Zox5MyZLQ2DHCepfr+7p1h+PKBNbhgkNZGzZPye8gJ0bBTT5YOfVXxWuR03or2LijaB1XFHo7B8/Syhs3kwO+u32v2vI9wHRAFabhtr5344s1MwT0W7pdgWeLcDK2EnZ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have no idea of the actual miles involved and Leo will expound in detail
later re "step-on-step-off" agreements, but there was interdivisional activity
on the Kansas City-Omaha trains..No's 20-21 (Silver Streak), 26-27, and 22-23.
I never realized it at the time, but heard occasional comments regarding
"equalizing mileage".

These trains between St. Joe--Kansas City and P Junc were on the St. Joe
division..From P Junc to Omaha it was Creston Division...The crews were based
at St. Joe which was their home terminal...If I understand it correctly the
train crew...or maybe just an indivdual trainman would begin his day at St. Joe
working South from St. Joe to KC on No. 20.  He would come right back out of KC
on 21 working to Omaha, then returning to St. Joe on No. 22.  This might not
have been the case for every crew, but it it's an example...There was
interdivisional run plus a "step-on step off" arrangment which Leo is planning
to discuss in further detail.

This stuff must have been a nightmare both for the divisional
timekeepers...which was a function performed in the local Superintendent's
office as well as the local BRT and ORC "grievers".

Pete