Re: [CBQ] Arrival/Departure Time Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Arrival/Departure Time Question
From: rmh711@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:18:29 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292444331; bh=huHCVhH9KGph84Nagi8/uy1NEocuJzP5qe+QuMOA1eI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ESIPu6mkv+qyxx3NqSczsbCJUpddqkv/XoEa9rRtWXj0YNBaZFcaPEAicX9afvrYBVmNLVceDaz7DRTFjJcdqvOGO5ItVILofQwCPorXO95gBwj6qEBmOepsi98jzdLf
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,

I'll take a stab at it. I've not railroaded on the Q but most of the rules are
similar.

First I'm wondering if Burlington was a register station? Trains arriving
Burlington would have to register their arrival at the station either by hand
writing certain train information in the train register or by throwing off a
register ticket to the agent who would then register the trains arrival. This
information would then be used by crews on inferior trains to ascertain whether
all trains superior to theirs had arrived before they could depart.

No schedule train may depart a station where time is shown ahead of the
schedule leaving time. So if the train reaches a station at or after the time
given (and time shown are always leaving times unless noted), it would not have
to stop, barring other circumstances requiring the train to stop.

It might go something like this: the time is 11:45 pm, the eastbound Z is due
in at 12:01 am and is superior to all westbound trains. A westbound 2nd class
train is ready to leave the yard at the station. The conductor of the 2nd class
train would check the train register and determine that the eastbound Z had not
yet arrived and he doesn't have time to make the next station and clear up
according to the rules so he fills out register check and give it to the
engineer so he is aware of the situation and they decide to stay in the clear
until the Z arrives.

Now you're the crew on the Z. You make the station on the schedule time, you
throw off a register ticket to the station agent and because you're on time and
have no stationwork, you blow right on by.

Now let's say you arrive at the station at 11:55 pm. You stop to clear the
switch where an opposing train would take the siding (or at the station sight
if there is no siding) and wait until your schedule leaving time and then
depart.

There are other variables of course and I'm not familiar with the schedule but
I'd say that the Z's would not have to stop at the station and yea it's been a
number of years since I railroaded this way.

rich