RE: [CBQ] Re: FW: Morse Code: A Lost Language

To: CBQ List CBQ RR List <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: FW: Morse Code: A Lost Language
From: ROBERT K SORENSEN <rksmes@q.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:28:12 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1289950094; bh=euHexrlDKAm2TGHVGaz6NyWjr0csFMlOv02co6nMImE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Oj4EHLOY2dKENFOmwajKK9po4Euw90iSu00LJAUDRzFvZnl8UDOLWioERGTSrYchD7KXaWAZbUdP7gcX6r1Z8ARJdN0FKK8Nz4zgxUEBRjbqpe0+Yxp0Zg7SqLnIZjlr
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There are two slightly different Morse Codes.  In 1953, I attended an Army
School and learned what they told us was International Morse Code.  I remember
seeing a chart that showed the difference between that and what was called
Railroad Morse Code.
Most of the students at the school were Army but there were Marines and Air
Force there too.
In Korea, on off-hours, we would listen to Radio Moscow that broadcast a line
of propaganda at about 30 words per min.  It was hard to copy unless you were
able to listen often and could learn some of their phrases.  For example, they
usually did not say "Americans" but rather would say "Imperial Americans".
My best high school friend's dad was a dispatcher on the CGW in St. Paul and I
remember us getting him to "speak" in Morse.
Bob S