[CBQ] Re: Twin Cities Trains

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Twin Cities Trains
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:05:09 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1278691537; bh=U4kt1yWR5064vdKV/FpzA7+fhOgbhX+NNT1ElqsyJpA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ntUTnvxuGQu2pPwqMocpUysGmoq6kIoJdXNgpwDT9PV9BdnLuDitab+jAF6a+JBL13qv0zBSf/lDNhkFDtfJG2Knmr2ar3q1530OiVtAbrCkDDh+KoAkf6pet1e3w0FA
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
According to John Strauss in his book "Burlington Route Passenger
Trains Volume One", the Mississippi Riverview was inaugurated on
April 1, 1931, following the discontinuance of the Oriental Limited
on March 31. It carried the same train numbers as the Oriental
Limited did while on the Q portion of the run. While the name,
Mississippi Riverview may have been dropped with the inauguration of
the Twin Cities Zephyrs in 1935, the train and it's numbers continued
on for some years. The numbers were Tr. 45 and 52. Information
concerning the Mississippi Riverview is located on page 39 of John's
book. It also shows the typical consist which included: an express
car Chicago - Minot, an express car Chicago - Seattle, a baggage
express car Chicago - St. Paul, an RPO baggage Chicago - Minneapolis,
a baggage express car Chicago - Minneapolis, a combine Chicago -
Minneapolis, one or more chair cars Chicago - Minneapolis, a dining
car Chicago - Minneapolis, and a Parlor-Lounge-Solarium car, either
Mississippi or Riverview, Chicago - Minneapolis. The two parlor cars
had been purchased from the SP&S.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com