Re: [CBQ] Re: Twin Cities Trains

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Twin Cities Trains
From: rgortowski@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:29:36 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1278693108; bh=aMgoIPtGy7zWQ6Mrd6cxqxQX8KdKcI8uBB9WHWE5F64=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=VFXKMziW5DQd7cyXaBETEzcPAA8dZENe8hAt95n4WnCj9lTcWBJHHYIgkvAI2XgTpIt/jvS4j19S0tTEzoxdUCYDp6sdbOXrttQ2e75Lzb8lvz25mh9nfjmSE0kof+oT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

Interesting - in 1950, numbers 45/52 were the head-end heavy
Chicago/Minneapolis local that was truly a "Slow boat to Minneapolis."  It had
a painfully long run time. In 1947 the GN/Q re-instituted the Oriental Limited
as the 2nd transcontinental train (behind the Empire Builder).  The OL was
replaced by the Western Star in 1951.

Rich Gortowski