[CBQ] The CB&Q and the REA

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] The CB&Q and the REA
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:13:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1274976820; bh=oNlyt1UcupeHZBJa+zVrLlUt/HfWltKFprjs0UrlQac=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Jldm6qEoDpAevNBHBfA0P3i1zd6qqVVf9hgR6OYvn1LoNWbfT82RE7YaQzTpovslboc1CHZ5/xBHdnHPoz7EdVIzE3/cx7hQlwUrBHLLQ60GpIYrL/tfmrK2OFQpoQgz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This brings up a question I have been wondering about that hasn't been fully
answered.   Why, if the CB&Q was so involved with the REA, didn't the Q have
REA Express reefers lettered CB&Q as so many roads did?   From looking at
photos of CB&Q trains it looks like the express reefer traffic in general
was less than one might expect.... the trains that do carry express reefers
seem to be fowarded to or from the NP and GN.  ATSF, MILW all had their own
cars, SOO, RI, WAB, M&StL, etc.. had REA cars with their name on
them.....yet the Q express reefer fleet was limited to very early Cream Cars
and Milk Cars which were gone by the early teens.
Curious.
Charlie Vlk

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com