Re: [CBQ] spring meet at Streator,

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] spring meet at Streator,
From: Bob Webber <cz17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:06:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270397202; bh=4rEGFyyFK5Iv0ZZLKD+vQJ9gEY+ajDSm3HZH7Y+sxfA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=D2OAmTS5l3xLjKjxvLTDELzvm/Nd9+DZe+PPgIMNsiaI0Emw5xpyhRw6u6zgI2VWiUwpjPmVzTp5LzcDx9lkkqqmPyPh2C85cikSj7qvIpvTtTo/HFHeSFZmeundNGBz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
All facetiousness aside, there are lots of reasons to just go to the
swap meet.  Primarily, there is the time factor, and the fact that in
the past few years, the BRHS meets have ALWAYS been held on the
busiest of the respective season's "choo choo" weekends.  This Spring
meet is no different.  As one example, if one goes to the morning
swap meet, one can still make it to the College of Du Page
railroadania meet.  Other events are possible as well.

And while the concept of a Streator-centric meet might be extremely
important, informative and interesting to some (and I have no doubt
it will be) - it is very uninteresting for others.  And for some, the
Western Pacific is of equal interest to those regions of interest on
the Burlington.   That's the price paid for a very regional railroad
(in terms of different regions on the railroad having adherents who
really are interested in only that region's information).  I know the
PRR has some of these same issues (Lines West meets are notoriously
under populated compared to a Philly meet).

   I won't go into the tupperware comparison, except to say that,
while cute, it misses many points of the Naperville experience.  I
doubt there will be a midnight fire alarm in Streator.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com