RE: [CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:32:09 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270387937; bh=KXG3Km6kxbR5OtKr/k6+jn7/of9vAFcjkTEStdnkpeY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Expurgate-Type:X-Expurgate-Analysis:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index:Importance:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ddlq54bmQVJkmKNYmegGzqtL2GhAKcw9yVdsMaR2x6NXKHjJsoZO3MghuvikObk8UKQQ0KiZYVRkqIl35EMg7EBmKGzuaMKtwaVYSnO7diaampp6OCPKtaIdfw6S6PLf
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just installed the couplers in my SW9/1200 and while the box is tight,
mine slipped in without force. The trick is to assemble the coupler in the
box first, snap the cover on, then slide it through from the front with the
coupler box flange facing down (toward the top of the locomotive, assuming
you've inverted it on a cradle). Of course, you need to make sure the trip
pin is facing up. When the mounting holes line up, drop the screw in and
tighten. I substituted Kadee #158 'scale' whisker couplers for a more
prototypic look. While the whiskers protrude a little beyond the box, they
work just fine.

I figured out the window extension OK, but I haven't figured out what the
little gray piece that somewhat resembles a grab iron, but isn't.

Walthers could do a better job with the instructions for the extra parts!

Nelson