Re: [CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200
From: "Rob & Bev Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:53:53 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270364038; bh=EIKyKNLshvEnxS6CACvAipVRj2cJ2x+EjJwLiUVbpOs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Cs3ID+XbeJofKm9wcigvAjzCz3j8Zv1oo2K2n6c3GQ1VM0n6VsROELpE9f0MmvoKBD3aZVYdQAzjMMe4jJiKM9Cxvj9yeLqu9UeXstDjDmmMpOm9iROx98kiFmfSBl6q
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
John,
Maybe that's why the coupler box isn't installed. They can't figure it out
either. All seriousness aside, try sanding the sides and the top and bottom of
the box with a nailboard or sanding stick. Also the draft gear opening may be
slightly clogged with paint. Attack with needle files as appropriate. The frame
may not be seated fully into the body causing a clearance  problem with the
frame coupler mounting pad. File and adjust as appropriate.
The older P2K spare parts were intended to be affixed as per modeler
preference. If you want foggy windows, use ACC. If you want the all weather cab
windows to attach neatly, try Aileen's craft glue or modelers Canopy glue.
The little glass panels are most likely the wind screens and you wouldn't need
these with an all weather cab window. There may be accessory holes dimpled on
the inside of the cab casting or they may expect the modeler to measure the
pins and drill holes appropriately.
Always refer to a photograph. If it isn't on the photo, it isn't on the model.
The fine grab irons. Without seeing them and the model all I can tell you is
they could be on the top of the long hood, I've seen these on all models of
SWs. It could be on the rear wall of the cab, there is a vertical grab next to
the door on most EMD SWs. Here is what you can do. Find a good photo. Determine
if that is the date you want to model your engine, go over it with a magnifier
and replicate every detail you see. If you find a better photo later then you
can obsess about it and change your modeling era like I do. And never get
anything done.
Hope that helps.

Better yet, come to the Streator Connection mini-meet next week and we can talk
about it over a Gin and Tonic.
Sincerely,
Rob Manley