[CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Proto by Walters CB & Q. SW1200
From: "smokyjoe66" <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 01:12:53 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270343606; bh=nvhHgxVvEhhG3AvaLvjWxtBzVP1rydHKo9Wlv/UnjqA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dStPZqsI1S0oLfrny7PpXzPKdFXic3znW+hq1HbuRc7l5K7VKuJ/ypjvQ6Q8eIqw71gG7e0gmX5GIXGJeDrOw/7GLxh4phA4wrfSsZ25aEbaY7zj5qbulsF+2WcS3Tdu
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Have just bought one of these, like it a lot, but now have some comments and
questions that may assist others.

(1) I am embarrassed to admit how much time it took me to figure out how to
install the couplers.  Completely  assembling the coupler and box away from the
chassis and then  trying to force fit that assembly through the outside opening
in the pilot seemed counterintuitive because it would notslide through
easilyand seemed to require too much force.  I was reluctant to apply that much
force on a new and fragile model, so I figured the coupler lid should be
applied from the truck side of the pilot. Never could get it to fit, so went
back and force fitted the completed assembly through the VERY tight opening in
the pilot, exerting much more pressure on delicate parts than I deemed prudent.
But that's the way it goes on and I hope this info saves someone a lot of time
and frustration.

(2) from pictures of the prototype it seems the extended windows on the cab
were pretty standard on the CB & Q. SW1200s. There are extra parts for that in
the box.  Now, does anyone know whether these are supposed to be glued on, or
can they be snapped-in somehow?  I tend to shy away from using glues around
clear plastic. so hope someone can tell me how to snap them in.

(3) in the parts package there are two very thin, very small clear plastic
strips with a mounting pin on each end.  Where do these go?  The only thing I
can think of is they are supposed to be "air defectors"  that are vertical and
in front of the front side of the cab windows. Or, perhaps they are supposed to
be rearview mirrors.  Hope someone can tell me for sure.

(4) also in the parts package are some very fine wire grab irons.  Where do
these go?  From photos I have seen there are similarly fashioned grab irons on
the roofs of SW1s, but I don't see any on later Q switchers..  Can anyone
please comment on this.

Thanks very much.  ~ John

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com