RE: [CBQ] Request artifact identification

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Request artifact identification
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:41:43 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270237306; bh=f22GN/XQVOfpaw+MsMabWTdZ2Adzrgp6nHaxhj3r0Yc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=F2cQ4mqvOe1G+YN9peiqA/+F77qF5J+V3bk6pnzyzpO2wd3Vy+BZd8tfCcPauKFJBgRBzayfXzFnD70/0iLawXp3n7jE2uXicWPdpl8btxXavdcVI12+KPmuZb5yRNfl
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I understood the 'S' was for 'switch' as signal locks are a very different
style (possibly to keep non-Signal emps from getting into the signal devices
principally battery boxes & signal 'huts').

There are both 'E' & "W" Burlington switch keys for Lines East & Lines West.
Of course the long 'skeleton style' found on many RR's as well as CB&Q were for
locos, waycars & passenger cars.  Short standard 'padlock' keys can be found
for all the misc doors, etc that the RR wanted locked including MoW boarding
cars.

Gerald