RE: [CBQ] Re: [MILW] Re: The Board of Directors

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: [MILW] Re: The Board of Directors
From: Rick Keil <rkeil6721@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:18:06 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1268799514; bh=lzuwUibCt1ubC8D6JEJuzYIN0AGDzxQ7XrqR1nIHk8Q=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=c2uBIg2PqmhNElDELh3m0jd/XR2Seq/Us1R4RYgUjvmcMbuoZU0KK+McMvZL32epL4G7X02m4QvB5KNLQHkNMuEQ0pD44tm4u95jDTvogkH9cMq8B/5JwW9tV0lTFRGn
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've been reading the posts with curiosity as I haven't delved that deeply into
the histories of any of the roads mentioned.  I'd like to point out a couple of
items that are comments but I guess could also be taken as questions due to my
lack of extensive knowledge.

It has been discussed/questioned as to why the Hill lines purchased the Q
versus the Milwaukee.  It seems that adding the Milwaukee, while adding a good
route to Chicago, would also add many parallel routes which wouldn't
necessarily be a good thing.

Also, the income numbers seem to miss a basic point.  The Milwaukee was
already, in essence, a transcon with a route from Chicago to the northwest.  So
in order to accurately compare income figures, one would need to include the
Q's income with the northern lines to provide an somewhat equal comparison
since the whole idea is to move goods and people between the midwest and
northwest.

Ricky Keil

Bellevue, NE

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com