Re: [CBQ] Font for Colorado and Southern ?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Font for Colorado and Southern ?
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:03:05 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1265670201; bh=qB0fJNNDe1BX105hZzVIb+IfDVCIEbGiRF0FQY4govc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XSGmLNn3btHRsJ0pcw+B/AqGqRporOpx+m4C23OSZKge1sXLNj1RdGv7Uyuf/EHZ/JDM0wV5TZwgYlajp/i48P2CPrIW9hDATXrJ4GGf8GYxI4K/zv9fo/Xmkwc0QE+Z
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I would be very interested in finding CB&Q, C&S, & FW&D drawings for any alpha
or numeric characters.... other than the Budd Zephyr Font and the Ribbon Style
lettering, both of which have been documented.
Certainly SOMEBODY out there has run across such drawings.   They would have
been made for Steam Locomotives, Passenger Cars, and Freight Cars in several
sizes and probably several different iterations / eras.
Anyone see such drawings in the Degoyer Collection or anywhere else that has
Burlington Route drawings???
I will make them up into Fonts if anyone can get source drawings for me to base
the artwork on.
Charlie Vlk

  Hi to all,
  Not getting very far with this enquiry so will ask again,
  Is there a known font style for Colorado and Southern passenger car
lettering, its similar to many other letterboard styles, does anyone have a
name for it ?  We need it for our letterboards model and fullsize. The pattern
for the HO car is coming along nicely and hopefully will be available as a
ready to run finished model and a kit (of few parts) either pre 1900 version
(34 windows) or post 1900 (32 windows). We have a query regarding the brake
gear and air/gas tanks under the car there is a raft approx 2 feet wide and
half the car width with the impression for a circular tank on end (not
lengthways) is this an air brake tank ?  we also have other beams that
presumably would have had other tanks attached.  Any help would be appreciated.
 see photo attached

  http://mikepannell254.fotopic.net/p54455354.html

  Mike Pannell

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com