RE: [CBQ] Zephyr Rocket

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Zephyr Rocket
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:48:50 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1262987422; bh=8md2AAXZsEXS4BxIDAUq+bwGQopGB+Zu93YvaUC8IA0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=vM+q9bynnROBa/TY6oDfYlsZc8HP0hX5t8sIRPeu1LFSRiBdAKBEwbk77VqlJikbaUHlSPWGxmLSlzrM7VLlrk6CPInrL2KVJzqafxL5NXNPfr9GfQzVJQ0VadCMvwF1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This information, from Dorin, seems to make the most sense to me.  I grew up in
Hannibal.  My brother and I both loved trains, and in the mid-late 50's my
parents would frequently take us downtown to watch the evening trains (#44 and
#15) pull in and out of the station, which was off of the main track.  As I
recall, #15 (Zephyr-Rocket) had a Rock Island engine roughly half the time.
Many Hannibal residents even referred to this train as "The Rocket".

And in the summer of 1966, I rode #15 every Sunday night from Hannibal to
Burlington (or Wever, Ia.) for roughly 2.5 months. A Rock Island engine was
present every OTHER Sunday night, and I never saw an engine change at
Burlington.

Glen Haug