RE: [CBQ] Commuter train w/baggage car

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Commuter train w/baggage car
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:01:49 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1262282537; bh=4Ho0Ly+xKaM8R7cKQFP+k1lUgBH40uOfm2vPryz5VO8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=YJ+0nEGKHV7mFYcJYbaLVQcfBx6nh6T1rVsihqEHVSy6iOrH4ZvzbvP38kEw3htKUuFDUFPj8F2OdiNnqSBv933y8yABDPA3yOLikQZBp0SXI2YitPQQn3aSruzXnAKz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tks Leo.  I knew Baggagemen (or Trainmen) were only needed for open cars but
wasn't sure who had priority for the commuter jobs.  I can see where it would
definitely be a Trainman if a power car or vestibule was being used but
possibly a Baggageman if an 'extra' headend car for holiday pks & bulk mail,
baked goods, etc service.  Didn't the Q & the Brotherhoods also have a habit of
letting brakemen who had a foot disability qualify for a Baggageman job to
reduce the time on their feet?  As I recall you or another ex-train service
poster gave us the quiz question some yrs ago as to what happened to Brakemen
who could not qualify for Conductor.

Happy New Year!  (and to answer an earlier question, there were special menus
for New Year's too!)  The Twins had a whole slew of special menus over the yrs
as did the DZ & CZ to a lesser extent.