[CBQ] Irish Mail

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Irish Mail
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:33:53 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1260639278; bh=R/bufbSSCc1AAZLPmGJ/1dyTwQ/Pd0h4FoCDC+NdlMo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dFIe9pcOnrMR2QShE81k6oahwTF3tnQVw34V/JS/3l+HPjXMbb5/HtfFK0M+Pztirpxo9BWRVMBvbEu+xl5qEcHjNJVQHx0uznWhE9K7DDyBanf69QoIlOoe5j8Qk4jj
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ken,

I'd like to talk to you about the CM&G and J sometime. About that story
from your brother about the Irish Mail crew doing the Alley. I think
something may have gotten lost in time.

You are correct that the Irish Mail for a time traded engines at Eola(at
least thats what I've been told) after coming back to Eola from the West  and
before going up the east side.But this was all Irish Mail  work.
The Irish Mail was a road job. The Alley Job was a yard job and  believe
one never did the others work or there would be timeslips everywhere.
The yard crews had rights on the West Batavia and West Chicago lines  to
North Aurora and could be ordered to do work if needed on these lines w/o
timeslips.
For a period of time in the early 60s there was a time when the Alley Job
crew, due to lack of work on the Alley  and an effort to reduce OT on the
Irish Mail was doing the work on the West Chicago line up to N Aurora that
the Irish Mail would have done.

Leo Phillipp

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com