[CBQ] Re: Paint for F-units

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Paint for F-units
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:27:02 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1259173629; bh=3a5+XS9hQ/k8kt9wzwiQXEi42NICKxMk3UiJ5oelSYk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uGfkXPx9h4bXyCPFX6YPB8kJxfgPeDtglwtjK7OoId9Ymlh1dsA887/soB4RvCjLShBHhjtwfSSpcHgk4V+rgCs1BxEt4xfTBEjSzlGuKkfsnAbb1zyYpsZEsn5UXs7+
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, sartherdj@... wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I would say that Charlie has pretty much given some sage advice
regarding
> "the correct paint color" . There have been endless debates over which
> shades of white are "the correct one" to the point where almost nobody
agrees.
> Remember, once you put the unit with "the correct shade of white"
> selected from hundreds of possibilities, under layout lighting and
start taking
> photos the perfect shade is no longer the perfect shade. So relax and
> enjoy the hobby, get some F units with sound and DCC, weather your
units a bit,
> add some details that make "Q" F's different from the other roads and
run
> your trains until the wheels fall off. Have some fun, drive the nit
pickers
> crazy.
>
> Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

Dave & Charlie:

Well thanks for that:  I now understand why Testors does not make
anything called "Imiatation Aluminum" in either PolyScale or Floquil.
Too bad.  I am at a serious disadvantage here, and not least because I
am color blind.

I have 2 Intermountain F7's on the way that are going to get stripped
and painted.  Anyone wishing to venture a formula that they have used to
mix paints that they think approximates "Imitation Aluminum"?  I just
want to get into the ballpark as I tend not to mix paint very accurately
anyway.  So, if you have a suggestion and don't want to get shot at in
public, then please just contact me via e-mail -- I promise not to judge
you.

PS:  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Regards,

Paul