[CBQ] Transfer moves

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Transfer moves
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:38:10 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1258339097; bh=DmbhZc9oRLLtsUZYQCCOFZQI7//Aya2H7xoEsSM1Cfo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sFIDicWFsGc+Ffyte07F0/MshuWs9g/dMkZiqSS6A1Ejn22wCUfYRH+7uvmgad7SrprzMyFLj9MIRReryJy9lS5LCIwwQj71FDTldS8l6TwSl+lgxjTJ2AD+rzArfWwH
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Russ is correct. It was routine outside or inside yard limits as we often
made moves w/o a w/c. It was a matter of convenience for the crew and room
in  the engine cab. If in doubt check the consolidated code rules. There's no
 requirement  for a w/c .I remember running engine lite from Cat to
Somonauk  and not abiding by the special instruction speed limit for a lite
engine
on the  mainline.
Some on this list still recall the Sunday ritual of a lite engine leaving
Eola headed to Zearing via Ottawa and La Salle to do nothing but trade
engines  at each town so they could come back with one about due for the 30 day

inspection.
On the other hand we often dragged the w/c around everywhere when others
wondered why we did it.

Geez today the standard is no w/c or rear crew. In fact reading the  trade
pubs(Railway Age and Progressive Railroading one has to wonder if any  crews
will exist in a few years.

Leo Phillipp

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com