[CBQ] Vacations

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Vacations
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:51:49 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1242006587; bh=zaSuXU9z/Uo4vZxEQYlj6Pi0uz8v83++vMMxYPhLENY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ESpYsVkzvNhePrpe9DGGY0t2hF28RuUWZeHd5zC3h+CnaEbFxmP6lh4XaccVw+imGDXLjBVBXGHzLQMOFkIWiRKzTc8j9jTjbxtyOBW2rwKYUqDZlV6uO6uXFTrt7gXC
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Russ,

The guy you are referring to was Roger T.,the regular rear man on the east
end in  the 70's. By this time the east end w/f was the opposite of what it
 had been in  the 50s and earlier. It was a quite job. They ran hard to get
 done as quickly as possible so Roger could get to the lumber yard in Lisle
for  his afternoon job.
John S. was Condr but Roger pretty much ran the job. Johns primary
responsibility was paper work and customer relations and other very important
duties. But this was true of any job that had a regular crew of experienced
men.
 The brkmn/switchman took care of things while the Condr/Foreman took car
of  customer relations and other related duties. I did work the EE several
times and  one day we were dragging #97 derailed cars back to D.G. from
Belmont and Roger  stayed with us as each trip from D.G to Belmont and return
was
a 100 mile  lapback. As my memory serves me we made a bucket full of money
that  day.
The six day guarantee was built into the 5 daily rate. This job rarely if
ever worked O.T. in the 70s vs what it had done in the 50s and  prior. One
Friday morning I worked the east end and we were relieved  by noon or 100PM.
That night at 9:15PM the phone rang for #353 at 12:01AM out of  Cicero. Lets
just say Bob "Gabby" Watson did his usual amount of excessive  talking to
keep me awake after we s/o and p/u at Oregon that morning.

Now if you want to talk about guarantees lets talk about passenger
service.Especially after the 1940s

Leo Phillipp

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!