Re: [CBQ] Vacations

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Vacations
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 21:58:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241924525; bh=JTn8vBzTfwtFLafQh48mD6dmZokez1RRZ+NSnCsKjuU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dJ1qlUIE2mqwg2xYPz58PwL1Rpey3pqeTxDpQPcX1+cAtBqpUaGe0f1d22PBq0L1oj6BAAVxBzrEVzAn9HCXcqftM0osPUwKsZilSvrEg/bGAOzdU658e7TkNFZ5V6mC
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo,

Even after the 1970 merger the East End was a six day job.
They only worked five days but were paid six. I think there
were many more of those kind or jobs. I seem to recall there
was even an issue as to how they got overtime. They were
figured in a six day total but only worked five days so they
had to use overtime to build up that sixth days.

They hated doing any working at Congress Park switching.
There was one guy that had a second job in the afternoon
so wanted to get home early. I can recall one day going
home that they derailed on the Downers Grove yard. I was
told two just got on an dinky and went home. When asked
they were just told that there were enough guys there to
re-rail what needed to be done.

Russ