[CBQ] Vacations

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Vacations
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 22:38:23 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241923183; bh=rxMqlm/BQ9bZsd64M8bj9uskBBadWGwh2V8v36VynHY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ujZwQ9kv3umSlvldwPWIOWv/VWi6Qj5KYLJWBw8MZvUlorL2fOpMbd66Ma/5qeERRfQuRmVU5ULDz8IFLYg76X1QRZOXrtQ+ktuiPrCQ3i7I3xu59uVS69wRLYqR7i56
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete,

1948 is correct. That years contract marked some major changes;vacations
and as you mentioned the 40 hr week This was also the national agreement
that established the 40 hr week for yard service. In reading the agreement
about  40 hr weeks in yard service I'm having a hard time following the clauses
about a  man who still wants to work 6 days. Can anyone explain how that was
handled ?  Does he get O.T. on the 6th day ?
Then there is the matter of assignments that remained 6 days but the men
had 5 day schedules. For example I know from looking at the Eola Rdhse engine
 assignment log book that the Alley Job worked Mon-Sat. as late as 1953.
The  crew being the most senior men on the roster would have bid Sat & Sun off
 but their job works Sat ? If one or more of them chose to continue 6 days
I'll  assume he just works the Alley on Sat. (I am familiar with swing jobs
that  rotated between jobs to fill in on the regular crews rest days but
these were  full crews). But if his job is a 5 day but he chose 6 day work week
does he  get a one day bump to place anywhere in his district that his
seniority   allowed ?

This must have been a trainmasters clerk and timekeepers nightmare.

Leo
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823232x1201398636/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
May5909footerNO62)