[CBQ] Re: Excellent

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Excellent
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:07:03 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241024838; bh=jcN5mYRgsGIx7T0nbIEEUH94rv6IZb6srSwpeTblbDA=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RCEgBDsEe1eWv0Qx88FAhZsXcoFlFLAm8Mth4CB4czyjZdA5LfbTlo3/c3CuOIBQRdqFYybHfcyEKV1yTmXW0MFkJiRO4pDQw0piSvOAip36hvDH4dljVBB+S59qsa52
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave-
Thanks.  Your obsevations about Midwest-Mod-U-Trak are worth sharing with the
group.

When I woke up Saturday morning of the meet I wasn't thinking about any of this.

I am happy that what was supposed to be a small gathering of Q N Scale Modelers
evolved into a general discussion of the vitality of the BRHS and what can be
done to improve it.   I wasn't even thinking about an e-zine before I walked
through the doors of the  depot and saw the entire meet expecting to hear Words
of Wisdom.

I will be happy to work for and with other interested BRHS members on the
e-zine or whatever else we think will improve the Society and our enjoyment of
Things Burlington... but
WE need to do it together.   I don't have the time or ego to mount a one-man
show, but would support efforts that we deem appropriate....  I have my soapbox
and some limited talents to add to the mix,. but we need everybody to join in!!!

Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

  Charlie,

  Thanks again for getting this discussion off the ground.  I think you have
set the cart in motion.  These regional meets should help all of us become
better modelers.  For years we used to say at Midwest Mod-U-Trak,  "Modeling
through peer pressure" is our motto.  I think Bob Kosic was the first in the
group who used that phrase, but it worked.  Thanks for reminding us. Back then
we gathered every Friday night for years to build and  strengthen our club and
individual momentum and modeling skills.  Now geography has reared its ugly
head as we are spred out into various areas of the country with very different
schedules and time constraints.

  Later, Dave S.  Tucson, AZ