Re: [CBQ] Re: Excellent

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Excellent
From: "Rob & Bev Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:59:21 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241146816; bh=s7MruHd5fZmAM5xNvx0l7J8YTj+TA/zDQWfiiGEuGoQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=KCecN6vByopMIG8w1C6YqehWzI33LOf4Lexgj0T3qaPzuq6US2ew6yuXIXmV+ZLFHUAkhZaI42Vn4uSWBLjPsJjmKhs/EHI8p1XCBK3T5RGC5Vb9n2OQq1mphW3LRB4M
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave and Charlie,
Just for the record the phrase was, " Better modeling through personal
embarassment".
Geography, schmeography. I still build my Q freight cars to cheese you and Jim
Miller.
To Dave's point my own personal modeling skills were pushed further than I
dreamed. There were kits I bought in hopes that some day I would have the
skeels to build. Some took a year or two, some five or more. The most important
benefit was focus. Dave, Jim and Bob's influence caused me to zero in on an era
and a region of modeling. I ceased to build kits for fun like diecast Pennsy
steamers and started fretting and obsessing over the details of a properly
rendered XM-32.
As I said in my clinic, " Our railroad deserves to be modeled correctly". It's
the best and our models should be that too.
Model Railroading is hard work.
 And, yes, I'll contribute to the online madness.

Sincerely,
Rob Manley
" If you want to be an artist, you got to learn to suffer."