[CBQ] Train/car bridges? was Re: Burlington Railroad Bridge

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Train/car bridges? was Re: Burlington Railroad Bridge
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:30:02 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1240795878; bh=cYFRky+ldCkZPM5MjK1QvDRP920aLXQ9hxOjTAh7CQ4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kRFk9hLnmUPBXbBE8zCzG6FgMN1tBhFVbuMVhpF3Dy4GreItQKuTYSBOxRvISbvPjJMDOWIktBTsx3APOKlOwLcfFZ/Tpjf41azkdx/tAbrfLIgNSntRVszC8ATDov4R
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Randy,

None that I know of, but Santa Fe had one at Ft. Madison, IA where
they crossed the Mississippi River into Illinois. It is still in
service (I went over it today on Amtrak Train #4). It is also a swing
bridge and, like the Sacramento bridge, has the trains on the bottom
and the autos on top. According to Amtrak's information guide, it is
the the longest such bridge in the U.S. It is sort of Q now!

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills. MO