RE: [CBQ] Re: Question on Galesburg

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Question on Galesburg
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:36:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1237077399; bh=iO8Pm9dr2vN9J79a9JRyVWXiJpMr/3/2a5nLivDWSCQ=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fZjiopx5J293Y3FAE+8kDpy2TYmzySxgr3q5DXCmy7SSGfc//+Zu8nnkHcc3hN2RzoBFh3zMX3BWlDkdYD1SE+DgizsSjvb5JDUtSto2QPfEiz7sic5nBu0bNWGO9zVp
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob: My alignment chart is from the mid 60's, so is probably the same one that
Russ Strodtz posted of 1965 era.  This picture shows the Quincy Main heading
south just after leaving the depot.  Prior to 1930 this wasn't the case,
because as you stated, the Quincy Main started further west and went around the
west side of the roundhouse (this is clear in Russ's 1930's photo of the yard).
 In the 1965 photo, the Peoria Main and Quincy Main appear to cross each other
east of the roundhouse.  That is what initially confused me.

I agree with you that it seems impossible that the two lines could have been
separated.

By the way, all of the photos of the yard layouts are very helpful for
reference.  Thanks, Russ.

Glen Haug