[CBQ] Re: Question on Galesburg

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Question on Galesburg
From: "Rory Murchison" <murchi209@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:35:16 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1236897338; bh=XzgZ553BxeJemxb1WVB5QK4BBwfA+YxLEXLHXteDIO0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HYtNfjuECB6LYvS2YCpqQmqIo3GJZPZLRAYzfgneEyX6vY0OvLSQLnPBrN/IAXNeQrvDEd+gaEKiOocZwcO0VBjVVgxbdJs/2c+1N0XTXo7JhuBqU5fE8EH6kCT8uI5W
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
No is the short answer.

If you have the Burlington Route Color Pictorial Vol 2 by Al Holck, check out
page 118. You see the wye that heads to Peoria. The other branch of the wye is
just out of the pic to the right.

In the photo section there is a map of Galesburg yard that Russ posted, and I
agree it does look like the track goes under or over the peoria branch. I just
don't remember that at all. I am pretty sure it was level.

There was a bridge that lead into the yard parking/roundhouse area. Was there
many a times applying for jobs years ago after high school.

Rory