RE: [CBQ] Amen, Co - CB&Q stop in NE Colorado

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Amen, Co - CB&Q stop in NE Colorado
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:53:24 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
According to the maps I have seen, Amen Colorado was the original name for
Logan Colorado, which is between Sterling and Cheyenne.  I believe this station
was abandoned before the line was actually abandoned by BN.  Official mileage
of this station in the timetable was MP 238.49, and there was a depot located
at MP 238.35.

The map also shows a sugar beet drum, elevator, stock yards, and an 1,118'
siding.

Glen Haug

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: charlesamen@att.netDate: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:33:07
+0000Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q stop in NE Colorado

This is a great thing you are doing?recording history! I am putting a shout out
for any sources of information on an old CB&Q freight station in northeastern
Colorado. I am in possession of an original Colorado railroad map from 1919 (or
so is believed) that marks a stop by the name of "Amen" in NE Colorado near
Sterling. My grandfather and great-grandfather broke sod in that area and I am
curious about what might have actually been there as far as buildings and type
of train that ran on that line (model setup, O scale). Thanks all!Chuck
(Elmhurst, Illinois) charlesamen@att.netwouldn't it be nice to think of these
things before it's too late...