Re: [CBQ] Foreign Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Foreign Cars
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:29:26 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In a couple of books this photo appears. It's captioned in both as the
"Southwind", the photo shows a Pullman Standard 10-6 painted in PRR Tuscan, but

with L&N lettering. But the interesting part of the photo is behind the  L&N
10-6 is a NP Dome Pullman painted in NP.

Another area where a Burlington owned Pullman was "off line". One can't see
the number on the NP car, but it has been discussed in the past that yes the Q
 owned Dome Pullmans did go into the winter lease to the IC. More than likely
the  Dome Pullman in this photo is from the NP owned cars.

It's like I told a railfan buddy of mine many years ago when we were
standing along Green Street in Bensonville, IL at the old Milwaukee Engine
House
taking photos of GO Transit GP40T's. (years before Amtrak bought them from GO)
said wait long enough and anything on rails you want WILL come to Chicago.
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.