Re: [CBQ] Sandwich Diner

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Sandwich Diner
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:35:21 +1300
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Randall

According to Bill Glick's Passenger Car Roster book, 4438 was a 70 foot
chair car built in January 1904 by AC&F, as part of the group 4430-4439,
later class PC-3.  Some cars in the group were steel sheathed by Pullman in
1924 but not this one.  It was scrapped at Eola on 2 November 1933.

There are photos of 4431 as originally built in Bill Glick's Passenger Car
Photo Album, together with photos of the interior of your car (converted to
a diner in 1938) - both as originally converted and more recently with a
lowered ceiling.

Regards

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ