Re: [CBQ] Commercial Post - Con-Cor CB&Q Airslides

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Commercial Post - Con-Cor CB&Q Airslides
From: estcbq@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:51:26 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
? my inventory also lists a Con-Cor airslide but the road number i have listed
as #87537--Scott notes a -3 after the Con-Cor product number that may indicate
a 3 number run--i don't have easy access to my kit--can confirm no date on my
instruction sheet as Scott noted--cannot recall when purchased but could be in
the neighborhood of 20 years---jim young

I have a Con-Cor Airslide hopper car, CB&Q #87543. I wonder if it is
this original car kit, as it certainly looks similar to the picture on
their website. I still have the box, which has an item number of
0001-009713-3 and is about a foot-and-a-half long. Unfortunately, the
assembly instructions have no date on them. Looking at the car last
night, its not a bad looking car, and appears similar in quality to the
covered hoppers (PS2 I think they were?) made by Con-Cor as a BRHS
project.

Scott Myers