[CBQ] Car 57 restoration news

To: thedenverroad@yahoogroups.com, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com, tedander@core.com
Subject: [CBQ] Car 57 restoration news
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 02:26:18 +0100 (BST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi to all,
  Just to update things,
  We have found LOT numbers on some of our clerestory window frames this
without fail establishes our cars identity LOT 1452  DT&FW no 45. We also have
found CAR 57 stamped on our main window frames, this is the first and incorrect
C&S renumbering from 1899 and gives us an more overhaul dates for the car, we
have paperwork for its 1906/7 and 8 overhauls and paperwork for its 1927 bunk
car conversion !  Thanks to Hol Wagner. We have the first window frame ready to
be installed, we are inviting sponsors to buy these windows @ $65 each and then
we will put your name on them on a brass plaque !!
  We have approx 20 windows left to sponsor. We also have a newsletter out now
and if anyone would like a copy mailed plaese let me know off group at
michael.pannell@btinternet.com
  We are about to start reconstruction of the end platforms this will allow
easier entry and the opportunity for visitors to see progress. We have found
fabulous silver leaf ceilings and the first restored one is due to be
re-installed this week.

  Regards

  Mike Pannell