[CBQ] CB&Q ORER's

To: "Early Rail List" <EarlyRail@yahoogroups.com>, "CBQ List" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, "STMFC List" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q ORER's
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:06:17 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
During my project to create a CB&Q Freight Car Roster, a large number of very
generous List members provided me with the Q pages from their ORER's, and I
ended up with at least one issue from every year from 1885 to 1970, other than
1886 and 1889.  Now that the Roster is finished (to be published in due course,
initially by the Burlington Route Historical Society ) and to make the most use
of the material as a research tool,  I'd like to put one set of ORER pages per
year onto discs for distribution by the Society.

 The pages were variously photocopied, scanned and photographed, using
different resolutions and standards, with varying results.  Some of the copies
I received were exhibition quality, others were barely readable. I've started
cleaning and repairing the pages but some will always be blurred or very dark,
although they are more than adequate for research purposes.

The pages were provided to me for a specific project, which has been completed.
 It may be that some members would prefer that I did not use copies of their
editions for the discs so, before I go any further, if you want me to exclude
the copies you sent me, please contact me off List.  I can't guarantee that the
particular issue will not still be used as I received duplicate copies of some
issues, but I'll advise you accordingly.

I am aware that some pages may have been copied from the Al Westerfield discs
but, recognising that further distribution of those copies might infringe his
rights,  I do not intend to use them.  I have enough other issues for the years
in question to maintain the "one per year" quota or I have copies taken from
original books by their owners.

Thank you again to all those who supported me with their help during the
project .

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ