Re: [CBQ] RE: Marshall Thayer

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: Marshall Thayer
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:44:06 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I suspect that my words about Marshall belong here as I did not know his
family.  As someone whose interest in the CB&Q had to be cultivated from afar,
I quickly discovered that there were plenty of people in the BRHS community who
were ready and willing to help me -- and Marshall was one of the most generous
of those, especially once my area of interest had narrowed to South Eastern
Iowa.  Marshall was a great source of technical information and local memory.
I wish he had been a neighbour around the corner.  I suspect there were hours
of wonderful conversation that might have transpired if he was.  Thanks to all
those others in the BRHS and on this list who have shared as Marshall did.
Duncan Cameron