[CBQ] RE: Marshall Thayer

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Marshall Thayer
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:29:44 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Fellow CB&Q fans,

It is with sadness that I share the news that one of the early CB&Q model
and historical promoters, Marshall Thayer of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, passed away
on May 17th, 2008 in the VA hospital in Iowa City.  Marshall was 66 year
old.  Marshall spent much time working on artwork for Burlington decals and
dedicated considerable effort in getting the Mark Twain Zephyr relocated to
Mt. Pleasant.

Those of you wanting to pass on condolences or memories of working with
Marshall should let me know offline and I will provide email addresses for
the family members for you.  Also if you had been in correspondence with him
and need to contact his family, also send me an email offlist.

Dave Lotz
CBQ List Owner
Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net