Re: [CBQ] Re:C&I Sub in N-scale

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:C&I Sub in N-scale
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:25:28 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At Savanna besides the East-West Milw Main which crossed the Q there was a
branch which went south which ran south from the diamond and when the Q turned
east kept going south(See some posts from earlier((in some cases maybe a couple
years)))to serve the east side of the Miss River.  In later years the Milw
Trains operated over the Q between Savanna and Ebner getting orders Pre CTC at
the tower just west of the highway over pass at the east end of the yard.  The
yard office was an old doodlebug set on the ground.  Orders for the Pea Vine to
Galesburg were picked up there after the CTC was put in.
CTC was only on the C&I(Savanna to Aurora) before "76.  Operation on the Pea
Vine(south to Quad Cities and Galesburg) was train order till CTC in the '80s
with Rule 251(ABS double track current of traffic) North to Dubuque, PDC and La
Crosse and onto Twin Cities.
SJH