[CBQ] Re: Tsunami Sound Decoders for CB&Q Steam Locomotives

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Tsunami Sound Decoders for CB&Q Steam Locomotives
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:35:24 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Larry,

To the best of my knowledge, Q never used a steamboat whistle except
when Maury Klebolt of Illini RR Club fame was involved. He had IC
steamboat whistles installed on 5632 for several fan trips. In later
years all the big Q engines including the hudsons used similar or the
same whistle and it definitely was not a steamboat. I believe they
were Nathans, but I am not certain of that. I can still hear them
whistling for Belmont crossing!

Bill Barber