Re: [CBQ] Why two routes to Streator?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Why two routes to Streator?
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:39:22 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve,

I do not think that either the AT&SF or currently the BNSF
"Short Haul" themselves on anything. Both roads had/have concurrences with the
NYC/PC/CR, and now the NS that any
Chicago interchange can be handled via Streator. As long as
there is a traffic base moving both directions it all balances
out.

At times the H-PASCWY ends up being a Pasco to BRC. This week
they are running Pasco to IHB. There is still plenty of
traffic to make up a H-PASCWY at Galesburg for delivery at
Streator.

The CB&Q's primary usage of the Zearing interchange with NYC was
to dump empties. This cost them no money and saved on per diem.
There was some traffic routed this way, mostly to the glass plants
in Streator. That was the shipper's decision.

The BN had many strange reasons for doing many strange things.

Russ