Re: [CBQ] Re: 1976 American Freedom Train on the CB&Q

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: 1976 American Freedom Train on the CB&Q
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:07:54 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

There was never any doubt in my mind. I was there when it
went to EMD.

I just found it odd that as soon as the IHB dieselized the
curve on the North Wye was "Off Limits" to steam locomotives.

Of course by the 70's the Management group on the IHB had
probably totally changed and no one but a few ex CB&Q people
had ever known of such a ban.

Of course in between the two periods the UP DD35's and DD40's
had gone around that same curve and in my opinion any place
they could go any other locomotive could.

Russ